Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
daviddavis71
Regular MemberPosts: 311Gear list
Like?
Where do you buy your lenses, why & how was the experience
9 months ago

I am getting ready to purchase a lens or two and I am debating where to purchase.  I live in the US.  I am considering the following:

Amazon - I buy a lot of things from Amazon and there is never an issue when I want to return.  the problem is that Amazon is not always the actual seller of the product so there is no guarentee that the lens will be covered by US warranty and not Grey Market or no warranty from unauthorized seller.  I have received items from Amazon resellers that are not what was advertised - Amazon took it back no questions asked, but that is a PIA.  Also no sales tax in IL

B&H -  no sales tax in IL - no experience purchasing from them

Adorama - no sales tax in IL - no experience purchasing from them

Best Buy - I buy a lot from them and I would get reward points that add up to to more gear, but sales tax would be charged and I purchased a Manfrotto ball head that was bunk.  By the time I realized, it was too late to return.

Nikon Direct - ??? don't know if I should

Open to other suggestions.

As always, thanks for your opinions.

David

daviddavis71's gear list:daviddavis71's gear list
Nikon D5200 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
B&HNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow