Are there any serious users of MF lenses on this forum?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Dave729
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
Re: Are there any serious users of MF lenses on this forum?
In reply to Tom Caldwell, 7 months ago

I have a M39 adapter for an old Leica 50mm f2 Summicron lens  and one for an OM 50/1.4 lens. Both produce good results, but as others have mentioned, they're generally not worth the effort to me.

If i look at my overall picture-taking, AF is perfectly suitable for 95%.  We all still shot family shots, street grabs, or other photographs for which AF is usually an advantage.  I don't see an IQ advantage with the legacy lenses I have.  So if I'm out to do some serious shooting on my E-M5 and want to manually focus for maximum control, I switch my focus mode  to S-AF+Mf.   That gives me a quick lock on auto, then the view changes to 2x magnification for MF.

I keep trying to get out with the old lenses, but as I said, from MY perspective, I don't see the benefit...

Dave729's gear list:Dave729's gear list
Pentax Optio 43WR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow