My Turf...Everglades National Park

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,701Gear list
Like?
Re: My Turf...Everglades National Park
In reply to bruxi, 5 months ago

bruxi wrote:

We'll I'm not going to argue with the sharpness. It's insane (at 1600 no less!). I can only really afford one zoom and I am tempted to ditch my 70-200 F4 IS and get the 100-400 based on results like I am seeing here. I always thought the 70-200's were a little sharper, but this has me thinking... Are these results typical for this lens?

Absolutely.  Here's a random one I pulled out of my gallery taken with that lens.  It's quite sharp, though still a bit short of what a 400 prime can do.  I've been quite happy with it.  BTW, your 70-200 f/4 is one of the sharper zooms that Canon makes, though it's a bit short for wildlife, as I'm sure you know.  The f/2.8 version, while pretty heavy, can be nicely paired with a 2x extender at the expense of a stop or two (can't recall) and give you the best of both worlds.

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow