ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kumariphoto
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Corrupt Transcend Card + D800
2 months ago

Hi There!

My sister and I are wedding photographers, and she ran into a card error during a destination wedding.

So after the wedding, she had to back up the card on her computer. She took the card out of her D800, plugged it into a card reader, plugged the card reader into the computer, and began the transfer like she's done 1000 times.

However, when the transfer was done, she realized that

a) about 100 photos were corrupted.  The actual files were there in finder, but she couldn't open them in preview or in Lightroom.  Each File did showcase the correct file size however. I'm not sure if that is a good sign or not.

b) The card still shows the DCIM folder, however it's completely empty now.

c)  When I try to see the free space in the card it shows that it is still FULL.  Only 20 mb free. Again, I'm guessing that's a good thing.

Now my questions for you is

A)  Can I retrieve my images from those corrupt files? If so, how can I go about doing it?

B)  Can I repair my card?  I ran a card repair program and it found all the files.  However they are in a different file name such as "00000000003.nef 0000000004.nef".  I don't want to pay for these programs and retrieve these files only to find out that they are corrupt and I should have been focusing on fixing the actual files rather than the cards.

Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated!  THANK YOU!

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow