Thom on Nikon's unanswered questions...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,787Gear list
Like?
Re: Thom on Nikon's unanswered questions...
In reply to Bajerunner, 6 months ago

Bajerunner wrote:

mistermejia wrote:

Bajerunner wrote:

John
Gallery: http://jfriend.smugmug.com

Well said. And yes, the 'first shots across the bow' may actually have taken off a bit of the wood, if not a chunk, chippings.

The thing is, their AF is looking somewhat close and that was the hold up all along, so no longer a limitation and the floodgates will open.

Am I wrong?

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

Who's AF do you mean by the AF is "looking" close?

I mean the K-3 AF seems quite capable, a number of posters on the Pentax have images with the K-3, bird in flight, low light. Seems to work capably. Albeit one poster here has qualified that in his short trial with the camera.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

I think there is even a new firmware coming out for the K3, which is supposed to improve the camera, including AF.

The bottom line is that the K3 is and will be a kick ass camera, in a already D300 type of body, IMO, and again, it really gets on my nerves that people here keep saying that they would be "satisfied" with a D300 replacement in a plastic D7200 type of body. I just wouldn't tolerate it if nikon just keeps giving their customer's ridiculous D5300 type of bodies and nothing else compared to what everyone else is making now days.

Anything less than the best would be a felony!

I am personally VERY curious what the D7200 is going to have, but based on the last four DX bodies that nikon has come up with, I am NOT excited at all, just curious.

-

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow