Thom on Nikon's unanswered questions...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Tony Beach
Senior MemberPosts: 4,816
Like?
Re: Thom on Nikon's unanswered questions...
In reply to jfriend00, 7 months ago

jfriend00 wrote:

Tony Beach wrote:

Feels like I'm in the wrong forum here. Anyway, reading your post here what I get is that Nikon has time to keep those getting all worked up over a couple of fps. The D3 now costs less than a new D700 cost when it came out, so that's an upgrade right there, the D3s will not be too far behind. The 5DIII costs $3400 (USD), so you are paying $500 more for it than for the D800 to get 1 fps (D800 1.2x crop mode compared to 5DIII full frame).

Thom's article was about the whole Nikon product line, not just DX products so I'm discussing Nikon's efforts in that larger context. That's why I'm mentioning some FX issues in addition to DX issues.

I don't think Nikon has a lot of time before some bleeding of customers accelerates. I don't really "want" a 12MP sensor, even in a camera as good as the D3s. I'd rather have 16-24MP.

What is the difference between 12 MP and 16 MP?  How often do you get everything a 12 MP sensor has to offer?

If I buy a new lens in the next year, it would either be a Sigma with a changeable mount

I only see one such telephoto lens, the 120-300/2.8, and it's a little bit underwhelming.

or a used lens that I don't think would depreciate much if I had to sell it.

Not sure how much it would cost to have the mount changed, but I would just go for a good used Nikkor right now.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow