Thom on Nikon's unanswered questions...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
jfriend00
Forum ProPosts: 11,116
Like?
Re: I think not John...
In reply to JimPearce, 8 months ago

JimPearce wrote:

There are serious optical issues with adapters. http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/09/there-is-no-free-lunch-episode-763-lens-adapters Under no circumstances would I stay with Nikon if they did this with their high end DX cameras.

That article seems to mention issues with adapters that aren't done right.  Are you sure that it's impossible to do it right?

From a mechanical alignment point of view, an adapter should be less complicated to get right than a TC and people shoot with TCs all the time.  I think there are a lot of 3rd party, relatively cheap adapters out there (that generally don't support AF either) - I'm thinking of a Nikon made adapter that really attempts to do this correctly.

If Nikon sticks with the F-mount for their DX line forever, they will just never be competitive in size and weight with those who have gone to a shorter mount.  Look at the size of the Coolpix A, for example or any of the Fuji X-series cameras that have APS-C sensors.  Are you arguing that Nikon should never use a shorter mount in the DX line?  Or just not with the top end of their DX line.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow