Thom on Nikon's unanswered questions...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,787Gear list
Like?
Re: Thom on Nikon's unanswered questions...
In reply to Bajerunner, 6 months ago

Bajerunner wrote:

jfriend00 wrote:

fishywisht wrote:

jfriend00 wrote:

The undercurrent in Thom's article that bothers me the most (and is reflected in a number of

What I'm secretly hoping is that the shift to mirrorless (Fuji, Sony, Olympus, Pentax, etc...) opens the lanes for the competitors to get back in the game in a meaningful way because if that happens, then neither Canon or Nikon will be able to get away with these crippling games any more. They will have to produce the most competitive camera possible at a given price point (no intentional crippling) or they'll simply get beat by the competition, particularly in the $500-$1500 market where people may be less locked into a lens lineup or brand familiarity than the pros are. That's what I'm hoping for. The Pentax K-3, Sony A7r and Fuji XT-1 are some of the first shots across the bow. Nikon probably hoped to be taking a shot with the Nikon 1 line, but they messed that up in a zillion ways (sensor too small, mismatches feature set, price and intended audience).

-- hide signature --

Well said. And yes, the 'first shots across the bow' may actually have taken off a bit of the wood, if not a chunk, chippings.

The thing is, their AF is looking somewhat close and that was the hold up all along, so no longer a limitation and the floodgates will open.

Am I wrong?

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

Who's AF do you mean by the AF is "looking" close?

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow