Are there any serious users of MF lenses on this forum?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
mpresley
Regular MemberPosts: 299Gear list
Like?
Re: Are there any serious users of MF lenses on this forum?
In reply to Tom Caldwell, 8 months ago

I use a couple of Nikon AI lens (55/3.5 and 105/2.5) on occasion and recently added the Voigtlander 42.5/.95 - I have most of the desirable m43 native primes (17/1.8 20/1.7 25/14 45/1.8 75/1.8), and the two Pany 2.8 zooms, and like them all. But I would cast my vote with those who like the feel and process of using a well built manual focus lens.

I abandoned the DSLR world, leaving behind a D700 and some stellar glass - I love the smaller form factor of the m43 equipment which might prompt some to ask why in the world would I mount such heavy (relatively speaking) lenes like the 105mm or even worse, the 42.5mm... because I love the results and even on my laziest days, the GX7 with the 42.5mm is still way smaller and lighter than a D700 with the 85/1.4 mounted. I think my next purchase is going to be the metabones speed booster along with the Nikon mount of the Rokinon 85/1.4 - that should be a killer combo.

I don't know if I qualify as a serious user (not sure what that means), but I'm willing to spend the money (the AI glass is a good bargain, the Voigt isn't cheap).

105mm f/2.5 AIS on EM-5

Nikon 55mm f/3.5 Micro on EM-5

42.5mm @f/1.2 on GX7

42.5mm @f/.95 on GX7

-- hide signature --

Not a pro, just a Granddad with to much camera gear

mpresley's gear list:mpresley's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D50 Nikon D1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow