6D users help me decide....(between 70d)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Section10
Contributing MemberPosts: 650Gear list
Like?
6D users help me decide....(between 70d)
7 months ago

Also posted this on 70d forum...but i'd like those familiar with 6d's input as well.

Here's what I like and shoot.

Everything.

I use the Rx1r for 99% of my full frame 35mm needs and pocketable uses.

What I need the DSLR for is going to be for longer telephoto needs, WIFI for when i'm out in the field and can quickly access and post if needed.

Things I care about:

1. Build Quality, how much better is the 6d? 70d is said to have some 'alloy' (more metal, less plasticky?)

2. Fast Autofocus, 6d is better in low light...but is it faster in normal use like 70d? Does the 70d have better tracking for STILL photos or was this a great feature for only video? How does 6d do?

3. Good buttons, soft but fine if it has a click... sure the touch screen is nice...but not used often.

4. Weather sealing, 6d much better at this??

5. WIFI: is the newer 70d work any better?

My main concern about another full frame is the lack of extra reach...does 6d have good digital zoom?

I don't necessarily need great video options, normal is fine. I don't need articulating screen IF I remote access...kind of a wash at that point.

I believe they both have the same processor so that wouldn't be a factor.

How much better of a camera itself is the 6d? It seems they invest a little more in it from it being a higher mode...if so those are things I actually appreciate.

Yes, the 70d also shoots faster (7 compared to 4.5) downside to 6d. I don't use much though.

Back to full frame, I love the increase IQ in 6d and lower noise, but I imagine i'll mostly use in day time.

What other factors would I need to know for someone who has more experience with both of these?

I think 70d or 6d would fit perfectly but I can get either right now with a slimmer price difference...I want to think of all things before purchasing.

Any help appreciated......thanks

Section10's gear list:Section10's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1R Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Sony RX1R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow