CP+ Rumor Roundup.....

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Russell Evans
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,993
Like?
My number one hope is for the Sigma 18-35mm to be announced available for sale in k-mount.
In reply to sgtsween, 5 months ago

I'm going to guess wild that Pentax will release the DA 17-70mm as a DA HD 17-70mm WR. I think there will be a bigger Ricoh announcement of some sort and that will be it. I think Andy is right that the 1.02 firmware being release now for the K-03 without support for a TC being called out, points to it not happening until later in the year, if ever.

I just don't think there are going to be a lot of new products announced this year. The cameras are well placed in the market, and they need a little time on the market to generate interest. If Pentax is going to announce a FF at the end of the year and have it for sale in the first quarter of 2015, APS-C lens development is probably at a standstill and FF lenses are getting all the resources thrown at them. It's going to be a quiet year. Well not so quiet on the forums, but product wise it will be.

Thank you
Russell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CaneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow