Personal Yea's and Nay's of HS50EXR

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
JPEG Shooter
Regular MemberPosts: 485Gear list
Like?
Re: Personal Yea's and Nay's of HS50EXR
In reply to jcmarfilph, 5 months ago

jcmarfilph wrote:

In A Mode, you can see the effect of aperture adjustment immediately after you half-press it. In M or S, nope. PAS mode, you can see the effect of EV compensation right away without half-pressing and yes in EVF.

You can definitely turn on/off that magnification box, just dig the menu. The MF of HS50 is by far the best out there in all superzoom.

Actually, it can shoot in burst mode even when in MF. Maybe you meant Intelligent Zoom?

Maybe you need to set the focus mode to macro? If the subject is too close or almost filling up the screen, you need to set the mode to macro even though you are not shooting small subject.

-=[ Joms ]=-

I'll have to recheck that, Joms... I could swear that no matter what mode I was in, I could not see the effects on the EVF of any changes, whether it be the aperture, the shutter speed, or the EV, until I actually took the shot.

I did turn off that focus assist zoom feature.  Manual Focus and Focus peaking will be much better now.

Again... something I'll have to check.  I didn't think I was able to shoot burst mode while I was in Manual.  No... definitely not Intelligent Zoom.  Haven't even looked into that feature yet.

As far as maybe needing to set the focus mode to macro?  Um... that was a very big alligator and there is no way I was going close enough to require having the camera in macro mode. 

-- hide signature --

JPEG Shooter
view my galleries at http://www.pbase.com/fotogrfr

JPEG Shooter's gear list:JPEG Shooter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A57 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow