Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
mh2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,634
Like?
"moderately bad"
In reply to Corpy2, 6 months ago

Corpy2 wrote:

Acrill wrote:

So use your eyes and look at the pictures.

If there is nothing wrong with the pictures then there is nothing wrong with the lens. Lenses are tools for creating pictures.

If all I need to do is use my eyes and look at the pictures, then why do I need to read the words.

He works for them. Can you ever imagine a scenario in which he will say anything even moderately bad about his own company's product? I mean, really. Further, do you really think that Olympus is not absolutely permitting him to post his thoughts?

There is a reason why we want reviewers to be independent. And why we worry when they will get free products. Here, it is ten times worse. He works for them.

He is rather disparaging about the 17/2.8 (I'd consider what he says to be, "moderately bad"). That is still a lens produced and marketed by Oly. How do you explain that?

I doubt that Oly really worries about ever employee's blog posts... at least within reason. Even the 17/2.8 isn't total crap, so an honest review could still be acceptable to them. Whether or not the balance between superbness, smallness and cheapness works for you is one thing, but...

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow