JPEG Shooter
Contributing MemberPosts: 509Gear list
Like?
Re: Personal Yea's and Nay's of HS50EXR
In reply to PAUL TILL, 7 months ago

PAUL TILL wrote:

JPEG Shooter wrote:

Rooski wrote:

The X-S1 has selectable area focusing, and if you simply leave the box in the center, it seems to me it would act pretty much like the HS50's additional "center" focus option. I don't see much difference.

-- hide signature --

Rooski

The HS50 also has selectable area focusing that you can simply leave in the center. If there is no difference, why would Fuji add the additional option of "center" focus to the HS50 if it already had something that, according to you, did the same thing?

You tell us JS, I'm a focus and recompose shooter, I don't think I've ever moved the focus point from the centre position on my X-S1, I've made it smaller as I find it focuses better though.

Have you actually read Fuji's description? Looking at it I think the centre focus should actually read SPOT focus, again the X-S1 does this by simply changing the size of the focus square.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:
You Must Be 10% Smarter Than The Equipment You're Operating

Once again, you know everything and I know nothing, eh Paul.

I'm going to go shoot some more "watercolour" images.

-- hide signature --

JPEG Shooter
view my galleries at http://www.pbase.com/fotogrfr

JPEG Shooter's gear list:JPEG Shooter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A57 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow