ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OndraF
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
D7000 +18-200 - VR shakes viewfinder image after exposition
6 months ago

Hello,

I have recently bought a new D7000. When shooting with Nikon 18-200 with VR on, the image in the viewfinder rapidly moves to one side and back just after exposition. When shooting at maximum framerate the effect makes me almost dizzy. It is more pronounced at 200mm. I noticed similar, but smaller shake with Nikon 18-105. Switching the VR off or shooting in quiet mode eliminates the shake.

I guess it is caused by the VR sensor registering camera vibration from mirror movement and trying to compensate it. However it seems to me it is overcompensating. With my old D80 nothing like that happened (it has only 3fps so i guess the mirror is slower and therefore causing less vibration that doesn't trigger the VR).

Does anybody notice the same effect? Do you think something is wrong with my camera or the lens (because it happens with two of my lenses, I'd rather blame the camera)?

I was also wondering if the VR overreaction can cause the image itself being slightly blured at certain conditions. Unfortunately I did not have time to investigate it more.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank You.

Ondrej

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow