ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mario21
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Nissin Di700 or Yongnuo YN-565 EX for Nikon D5100
7 months ago

Hello,

I'm going to buy my first flash for my Nikon D5100 (lens Nikkor 18-105mm). Because of budget I'm not going to buy original Nikon flash. I found following two speedlights which seems to me quite good.

1. Nissin Di700
  2. Yongnuo YN-565 EX

I would like to use it in automatic mode (TTL) and also in manual. At the beginning I will not use it together with wireless trigger (currently I don't have any but maybe later), I will just little bit play with triggering via internal flash of my camera.

I have read a lot of reviews so I think I know main differences between them:

• YN-565 EX has higher GN (54 at 105mm vs 48)
  • YN-565 EX is little bit cheaper
  • Di700 has wider range of zoom (24-200mm vs 24-105mm)
  • Di700 is newer flash
  • Di700 can work in master and slave mode (probably I don't need it)
  • Di700 has high speed sync (my camera can't use it)

So I would like to ask you if somebody has (or had) possibility to try both above mentioend speedlights on Nikon D5100 and which flash was better and more user friendly. On youtube I found that some guy had problems with Yongnuo YN-565 EX on D5100 but on other sites (including this one) next users say that it works fine. So as I'm newbie I would like to find the most information before I buy it.

Thank you.

P.S.: I originally posted this inquiry in "Begginers Questions" forum but it was recommended me to post it here.

Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow