Are there any serious users of MF lenses on this forum?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
BruceB609
Regular MemberPosts: 338Gear list
Like?
Re: Are there any serious users of MF lenses on this forum?
In reply to Jim Salvas, 6 months ago

MF adds the fun and challenge for me although I may use MFT AF lenses for faster shooting. Legacy glass has plenty to offer. I kept my Nikon AIs lenses with hope that Nikon would go mirrorless but my E-M5 may be offering me even more since I'm using the sharper central image area. I've added a Metabones booster to the MFT/Nikon F adapter and am delighted with what I can have with just two lenses with the adapters. I have a Voigtlander 40mm f2 Ultron and a Nikon 28mm f2.8 (and f2) AIs. Out of these, I get my favorite focal lengths, 40mm, 56mm and 80mm (35mm equiv.).

40mm (35mm equiv) gives me my favorite wide I had on a Rollei 35 and Leica CL. 56mm (or 60mm) is my favorite normal focal length on the street and 80 to 90mm was as long as I'd ever need. I have wider and longer AIs lenses but to be able to use two legacy lenses with the adapters and be going around with equivalents to a 40, 56 and 80mm, I never feel short of what I need for an excellent MF image. I stuff the little 14-42mm MFT kit lens in my last pocket just in case I need fast AF or continuous shots.

Pondering the Oly 12-40mm f2.8, but for some reason, there's no rush.

-- hide signature --

BruceWB

BruceB609's gear list:BruceB609's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Voigtlander 40mm F2 Ultron SL II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow