Are there any serious users of MF lenses on this forum?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Bob Topp
Regular MemberPosts: 425Gear list
Like?
Re: Are there any serious users of MF lenses on this forum?
In reply to Jim Salvas, 10 months ago

I bought several used lenses locally and from KEH and two inexpensive adaptors (F-mount and Minolta MD) to go with my EM-5, but found it a little frustrating using magnified images to focus.  I was very happy when focus peaking was added to the EM-1, but have found it not so good in low light.  However, outdoors, it is a pleasure to use (when we get some rare good weather).  I played with my old Nikon 200 mm/f4 lens at the dog park over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the focus peaking.  The dogs were a bit frisky, probably experiencing cabin fever like everyone else, so manually tracking them wasn't always easy, but I was very happy with several shots.  I'm looking forward to doing a lot more manual work when the weather improves.

There was a lot of slobbering going on this day- note the streak on the dog's forehead where another slobbered on him.

-- hide signature --

Bob Topp

Bob Topp's gear list:Bob Topp's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow