Great Clarity and Sharpness? How Can I achieve that?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Flyer4Ever
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Great Clarity and Sharpness? How Can I achieve that?
6 months ago

Hey everyone,

After trying to achieve very sharp and clear images with my D7000 and 18-105mm kit lens, I keep thinking it's something wrong my my camera and lens.

I am comparing to Jared Polin's RAW file from the 1DS and 70-200 lens: http://froknowsphoto.com/canon1dx-rawfiles/

Is the only reason why his picture is so clear is due to the fact that he has a nice lens? I am also planning on buy a few new "L" lens for my Nikon D7000.

I took his RAW, didn't make any adjustments in PP and converted to jpeg. And the details, clarity and sharpness really blew me away. My OCD kicked in and I have always wanted to achieve those results.

Any suggestions in how to get stunning photos like that? I use the same settings, but not nearly the same result.

I have read about in camera settings regarding clarity and sharpness, should I change those? I also have determined that Canon cameras tend to be warmer, should I change those settings in my D7000 too?

Thanks so much for the advice and suggestions!

Flyer4Ever's gear list:Flyer4Ever's gear list
Nikon D3100 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +2 more
Canon EOS-1Ds Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
goodNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow