Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Christof21
Contributing MemberPosts: 943
Like?
Re: Newbie gear question 2300 budget.
In reply to WryCuda, 6 months ago

WryCuda wrote:

juvx wrote:

I am fairly new to photography and would like to ask for your wise advice on some gear I plan on getting in 2 weeks.

First of all my the subjects i like to shoot are Landscapes, My kids' activities (dance) and some street and travel photography.

My budget is $2000-2300 I'm not looking for a full kit of lenses for that $ but merely to start off with 1 or 2 max and build over time. So I'm willing to go as much as $1500-2000 on the body and build the collection of lenses, flashes and tripod from there.

So far I've had the following cameras in the last few months: the Sony NEX6 and the Nikon D5100 but I've sold both because i want something better. I really haven't decided if is should go for a Sony A7 or Fuji X system or something like the D7100 or Canon 70D. Maybe even a used 600/610 or a 6D. Since i have no lenses I am free to start from scratch.

The Nikon 7100 usually rates very highly in camera reviews, including the DPR reviews

I think the op should be aware of the banding problems... Some say this is not a serious problem but  you have the choice and you can simply avoid this problem by choosing another camera  !

Fuji, Sony or Nikon (D3200) are OK and also highly rated

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow