Are there any serious users of MF lenses on this forum?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,620Gear list
Like?
Re: More using adapted manual lenses than you think…
In reply to Tom Caldwell, 8 months ago

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Which puzzles me a bit because if you look up MF lens adapters to M4/3 mount for sale on the web it seems that there is a huge industry there catering for somebody. Somebody who?

There are quite a few mirrorless systems out there ALL with pretty thin selections of native lenses. So, instead of complain about a dearth of available native glass, what's the best way to fill the gaps? Adapt manual lenses.

In the three years I've been using M4/3, and adapting manual lenses, I've seen the cost of used manual lenses rise quite a bit. At least at KEH where I've bought most of my used lenses. A couple have jumped 25% or more!

As more and more new mirrorless systems are released, I think we'll see that trend continue.

There's also something quite special about using some older lenses. The rendering and character some older lenses have over the current trend toward clinical sharpness has a lot of appeal for some people. Is it soul? Maybe.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow