Are there any serious users of MF lenses on this forum?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Ron Evers
Senior MemberPosts: 1,139Gear list
Like?
Re: Not legacy, but designed for µFT and still manual focus
In reply to Tom Caldwell, 10 months ago

Tom Caldwell wrote:

RoelHendrickx wrote:

I use Voigtländer Nokton 17.5mm, Rokinon 85mm (FT versioin, with adapter) and Rokinon 7.5mmFE.

Manual focus works well with the EVF and just judging by eye-sight (no focus peaking necessary for me).

No electronic contacts, so obviously no automatic magnification upon touching the focus ring. But I mapped magnification to Fn Button 1.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Thanks Roel, I just get the impression that there are number of MF lens users in various configurations out there but they all must be hiding. Which means that those who have been buying all those MF adapters for M4/3 must be just out quite sensibly using them.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

I bought the first m4/3 camera when it came out (G1) & the two slow zoom lenses @ the time.  Not at all happy with the slow glass I started buying legacy lenses & adapted them & used them almost exclusively until I bought my E-M5 & started buying native lenses.  I accumulated about thirty vintage lenses with M39, M42, MC/MD, FD & PK mounts.  Now that I have faster native glass, I rarely go to my collection except for macro.

-- hide signature --

The wood is clear between the knots.

Ron Evers's gear list:Ron Evers's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow