Any talk of new lenses or a roadmap at all for E-Mount?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
djp58
Regular MemberPosts: 350Gear list
Like?
Re: Any talk of new lenses or a roadmap at all for E-Mount?
In reply to PVCdroid, 10 months ago

PVCdroid wrote:

I think it's a lot easier to shoot the middle ground APS cameras without a lot of sacrifice.

Not sure I agree it's "easier" to shoot apsc over FF, though do agree there are definite advantages to the different formats (I actually own and shoot Pentax Q, Oly EPL-3, and Sony NEX 5N, NEX 7 and A7R along with film cameras that cover 110, apsc (haven't shot that one in a while - film is hard to come by ), 35mm, and medium format (6x6 & 4.5x6).

Not to mention the expense of upgrading and loss for selling off NEX equipment. New tech concurs all, I guess. I wonder how many think they made a mistake but don't say anything.

I'm one of the NEX users who bought an A7R - absolutely no regrets and I definitely didn't make a mistake.  I only own one FE lens (FE35f2.8) and it is fantastic on the camera.  I've also shot more than 30 different legacy lenses ranging from a Nikon 20mmf4, to a Canon FL1200f11.  Most have provided me with better results than I expected, so don't think there is a lack of lenses.  I borrowed a friends Canon 70-200f2.8 earlier today (he also loaned me his Metabones adapter )and used it to shoot my daughters basketball game - AF was slow, so I used it totally MF - all I can say is WOW; can't afford it, but WOW.

David

djp58's gear list:djp58's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow