Bait and switch

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
chooflaki
Regular MemberPosts: 397Gear list
Like?
Re: Bait and switch
In reply to Cane, 6 months ago

I was exposed to it recently on an appliance website. They had a vacuum cleaner I wanted at a very low price but avaliable for walk in shoppers only. Not avaliable for online purchase. Of course when I went to the shop I found the same cleaner was at a significantly  higher price. Like 80% more. When I questioned the sales person he told me the lower price was for a particular  colour( tan)  which was poor selling, heavily discounted and now were sold out.  So if I wanted one I had to buy the expensive blue version.  Of course he offered me a 10% discount on it but it was still way over the price of the bogus tan model. This is a situation where it is easy to fall for the trap because I was already in the shop where I could be influenced  and did need the cleaner. I was somewhat offended and went to another shop where I got one at the same price as the 10% discounted blue model plus another 10% discount.

chooflaki's gear list:chooflaki's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow