Problem with Sony A7, reflections on the sensor.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Just Ed
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
Re: Problem with Sony A7, reflections on the sensor.
In reply to PRESENZA76, 9 months ago

Sorry for you problem. I

t definitely looks like a reflection on the sensor but that does happen with digital cameras. I took some night shots with my much beloved Canon 6D and it had some of this though to a much lesser degree. In my case it did not show on all images only on some when the angle of the light was just right. It occurred when using the Canon 24-105 L lens but not the Canon 100-400 L on that same outing. Mine were easily handled in post yours seem substantially worse than what I experienced in a similar shooting situation.

In fairness to Sony, it may be that the particular lens you are using is exacerbating the problem of reflections on the sensor. Keep in mind that a film era lens was not designed with this camera and sensor technology in mind, that could be the part of the problem in your case.

If you try a lens made for this camera you might get different results, at least hat is my suspicion. You might also experiment to see if the reflections are partly from any filter you have over the lens.

But again, this does happen sometimes with digital sensors...just not usually that badly!

-- hide signature --

erl

Just Ed's gear list:Just Ed's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
5N?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow