Looking for opinions from those who have upgraded from D300/s to D600/610

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
mais51
Senior MemberPosts: 1,072Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking for opinions from those who have upgraded from D300/s to D600/610
In reply to NikonMike, 8 months ago

NikonMike wrote:

I've been debating the move to FX from my D300s for a few months now. While I love my four year old D300s and if I were smart would just keep shooting with it for a couple more years, I would also like more resolution and dynamic range for my landscape photography. I was looking for some opinions from some of you who have made the switch. What do you like better about the D600/610? Is there anything about the D600/610 that you don't like compared to your D300? I realize a D7100 (or future D7200) is also an option, but I don't have a good feeling about Nikon's commitment to DX at the advanced amateur or semi-pro level. I would also feel like I'm regressing in camera bodies. I had moved from a D80 to a D300s, and it would seem like I'm going back to a D80 type camera. Thanks!

Mike

Skip the D610 and go to the D800, the DNA is the same, you fell right at home and ton of pixel to burn - I did and never look back

mais51's gear list:mais51's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow