Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Singh
Regular MemberPosts: 364Gear list
Like?
Nikon D610 or Canon 6D
5 months ago

If you had the chance to start from new and had the choice of the Canon 6D with the 24-105 F4 or the Nikon D610 24-85VR what system would you buy into?

The lack of built in flash and what appears to be a 2nd best AF system is putting me off the 6D. The option of dual card slots, bigger LCD, more AF points, built in flash and greater dynamic range on the D610 appeals more than the 6D. The 6D has GPS and WIFI but for 'me' they are not game changer features.

I have sold all my APS-C lenses and 7D to go full frame and I can't decide which one I should buy.

I don't have much Canon gear left only the 70-200 F4 (none IS) and 50mm F1.4 lenses. I also have the 580ex Mk1 flash and the 270ex flash. I can sell these on eBay and buy Nikon equivalents.

If I continue with the Canon route I intended to sell the 70-200 F4 and buy the IS version. So if i'm planning on selling it anyway if I take the Nikon route I could buy the Nikon equivalent.

Most of the pictures I take are of family holidays, the children's birthday parties and occasionally portraits for work or family.

Anything blindingly obvious I have missed on the D610 please let me know. My head is telling me to stick with the Canon 6D as it would be cheaper but my heart is telling me to go with the Nikon D610. I'm sure we've all been there at some point or another.

I will post this on the Canon forum as well to see what feedback get there.

Singh's gear list:Singh's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow