Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
anaccrv
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
photo/video recovery/repair from a corrupted sd card
7 months ago

Hi all! I am desperately looking for a solution to repair my photos, which I am now unable to open due to a weird memory card error.

I have no idea what happened to it, but after like 2 days of taking photos i started to get an error saying: image data file corrupted. wanna recover? First i chose cancel but then I kept on getting the message and eventually couldn't take any other photos. SO i accepted the recovery -  but even after i said yes those error messages kept poppping up quite often.

I blamed the error on the cold weather in which i was using the camera , I could see each photo right after shoooting it but a couple of hours later I figured that most of my photos couldn't be opened for viewing on my camera (image display error..)

Finally, when i got home and put my sd card into my pc it looked totally weird...first i got a messgae saying there is a problem with a card and if I want to recover it...said no to that and i opened the card. It seemed to have all´my photos, in the right sizes, plus a bunch of many other weird files with funny letters and no extension. Could open 30 out of 500 photos...for the rest i kept getting file not supported.

Tried to use a bunch of recovery prgrammes which found a bit more photos than i could initially open, but still more than half seem to be gone..

Yet, since i can see the files which are also big enough, I am stubbornly hoping that there must be a way to fix them and open them....

We are talking about nothern light photos and beautiful landscapes which cost me cracked skin and frozen fingers.so I'd be SUPER grateful if somebody can give me a suggestion-......

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow