Personal Yea's and Nay's of HS50EXR

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
JPEG Shooter
Regular MemberPosts: 485Gear list
Like?
Re: Personal Yea's and Nay's of HS50EXR
In reply to Ralph McKenzie, 5 months ago

Ralph McKenzie wrote:

Every HS model has a poor EVF. Only the XS-1 ever had a "satisfactory" EVF. Its one of the two primary reasons I shoot using the LCD and having it articulated would be really nice. The LCD does update as you make changes and at half press, depending upon mode it will either change instantly or on refocus.

Thanks for the info about the LCD updating as changes are made.  That's good to know.  I've never been a fan of shooting using the LCD but this camera might make me start using it.

A little surprising to hear you say this.

I've always found center focus to be very accurate when taking telephoto length shots. I do use AL Lock when I want to recompose or make totally sure of the point of focus, moreso at the long end of the lens. But the key to having center (spot) focus work correctly is making sure the camera ( at the long end mostly ) is using spot metering. There a direct relationship between the two settings in Fuji cameras, even my older Fuji cameras ( circa 2006 ) exhibited this trait, so it my be worth it to run a few test shots using spot metering coupled with center focus and see what happens.

Yeah... I am going to try using AF Lock.  But also, I'll change my metering.  Currently I have it on "Multi".

Thanks for the suggestions.

-- hide signature --

JPEG Shooter
view my galleries at http://www.pbase.com/fotogrfr

JPEG Shooter's gear list:JPEG Shooter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A57 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow