Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
JPEG Shooter
Regular MemberPosts: 489Gear list
Like?
Re: Personal Yea's and Nay's of HS50EXR
In reply to cantanima, 6 months ago

cantanima wrote:

JPEG Shooter wrote:

The AF - I did say it was fast... and it is... very fast... but it does sometimes miss. Whle there is a "center" focus (which is what I'm using), it isn't a "spot" focus like I'd prefer. I tried to shoot a big alligator yesterday that was at an angle to my position... his head was closer to me than his body. I attempted to focus on his head and then recompose to get the rest of his body in the frame and I wound up with photos where his body was in focus and not his head. I tried backing off on the zoom so that I only had to move the camera a bit to recompose. Still... body in focus, not head. I think a real "spot" focus would not have done this. It was almost like the camera was trying to correct me and get what IT thought I wanted in focus. It was wrong.

That surprises me. Have you tried AE/AF lock?

I used AF Lock when I was using Manual Focus to quickly acquire focus before tweaking with the focus ring, but haven't tried it with Auto Focus.  I will though... thanks for the suggestion.

-- hide signature --

JPEG Shooter
view my galleries at http://www.pbase.com/fotogrfr

JPEG Shooter's gear list:JPEG Shooter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A57 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow