ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
juvx
Contributing MemberPosts: 656Gear list
Like?
Newbie gear question 2300 budget.
7 months ago

Good afternoon,

I am fairly new to photography and would like to ask for your wise advise on some gear I plan on getting in 2 weeks.

First of all my the subjects i like to shoot are Landscapes, My kids Kids activities (dance) and some street and travel photography.

My budget is 2000-2300$ I'm not looking for a full kit of lenses for that $ but merely to start off with 1 or 2max and build over time. So i'm willing to go as much as 1500-2k $on the body and build the collection of lenses, flashes and tripod from there.

So far iv had the following cameras in the last few months the Sony NEX6 and the Nikon D5100 but iv sold both because i want something better. I really haven't decided if is should go for a Sony A7 or fuji X system or something like the D7100 or Canon 70D. Maybe even a used 600/610 or a 6D. Since i have no lenses i am free to start from scratch.

What would you wise people recommend for me. What would you get on that budget if you had 0 gear?
Thank you so much for your advise.

juvx's gear list:juvx's gear list
Sony RX100 II Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Nikon D5100 Nikon D7100 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow