Arn
Arn
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,489Gear list
Like?
Re: choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7
In reply to Donny out of Element here, 6 months ago

Donny out of Element here wrote:

Ok, here it is:

You already have a descent APS-C camera with good APS-C lens lineup. So why bother with another APS-C camera, no matter how good it is (X-T1)? BTW an old NEX-7 IQ is still better than X-T1 can provide at low ISO's. So isn't it a better option to get FF system instead? I'm not saying jump to A7/r yet. Wait some time - and I'm sure we will see more FF cameras and lenses in mirrorless market. In 2014 we will see at least 2 FF cameras from Sony in E-mount.

I think you're right and I am leaning on the Sony A7, just for the reason that I already have an APS-C system (until a few days ago, also had Canon 5DII and 7D...) So the FF would better compliment the APS-C system. It's just that the Fuji gear is mechanically and usability-wise so sweet Also, the improved focus of the X-T1 is tempting. But I've had for a long time both, an APS-C and FF system, so it would probably make more sense to acquire a new FF system.

Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow