So much for the EVF being insufficient for action.....

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Kodachrome200
Contributing MemberPosts: 759Gear list
Like?
Good point. also good point in showing how far off this would be
In reply to Lee Jay, 10 months ago

Lee Jay wrote:

According to Fuji Rumors, the refresh rate is 54fps which, if true, makes Fuji's claim of 0.005s (50ms) lag impossible to be true. If the readout and processing speed were both zero (which, of course, they aren't), a 54fps refresh rate means a lag of 1/54 = 0.0185s (18.5ms). Of course, readout and processing speed are not zero. In fact, I suspect they are 0.005s (and Fuji is ignoring the frame period) making the peak lag under ideal conditions (I doubt they are talking about low-light) 0.005+0.0185=0.0235s or 23.5ms. Since I measured my SX50 as having a total lag of 25ms, this is nothing to write home about especially since that 25ms lag made me unable to track a high speed subject I needed to shoot (I simply switched to an SLR and got the job done).

Add to that the claimed CIPA battery life of 350 shots (versus 920 for the Canon 70D) and you're right back to the same old EVF problems - too much lag, too much power use.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

200fps with no pipeline latency? I dont see an evf doing this anytime soon. meaning we arent really anywhere close to that holy grail evf (that still has an ugly picture) certain folks are foaming at the mouth about

Kodachrome200's gear list:Kodachrome200's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NONew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YesNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow