Arn
Arn
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,499Gear list
Like?
Re: same shot with 10/3.5 and 12-24
In reply to Faith Yeung, 7 months ago

Faith Yeung wrote:

Hi Arn,

Looks like the fisheye can deliver similar resolution to the ultra-wide. Right?

Yes. The 10/3.5 is sharp. It is pretty much as sharp as the 12-24. Direct comparison between lenses is very hard, because field of view is so much wider with the fish. Everything looks smaller with the fish.

I am amazed by it.

With the Hemi software, I think it can really replace the 12-24. What do you thnik?

In short: probably not. But it depends. The fisheye will always bend horizontal lines, even after FisheyeHemi correction. But it's mostly because of the ultra-wide nature of the fisheye, that it's not suitable for substituting a wide angle lens. It's often too wide! You will get too much stuff into the framing and objects may appear to be too far or too small. The fisheye is my go-to lens often for interiors and tight spaces. For spacy outdoor shots, the 12-24 is often more suitable. But these are always personal things. It's best to try it out for yourself, if possible and then decide which one is more for you. Best of all - get both I've had many successful outdoor shots with the fisheye too, as you may see in my galleries.

One good thing about the 10/3.5 is that you can always take it with you, because it's so small! You don't have to think if it'll fit in your bag or if it will weigh too much, because it will fit and it won't weigh you down

See my fisheye review thread for more information.

Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Taffy MOD
Taffy MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow