Started Feb 3, 2014 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rla1022
Regular MemberPosts: 198Gear list
Like?
Samsung NX300 Questions
Feb 3, 2014

I recently sold MY Sony NEX5r to get a RX100. I brought and open box rx100 home and realized how much i actually like the WIFI of the NEX. I sold the NEX5r for 375. While in the return line at best buy to return the RX100, a woman was returning a new NX300. Since it was technically an open boxed i offered to buy it, knowing that it had wifi, when they told me i could get it for $335 plus tax. I brought it home ( the box picture below). I should have done my research a little, but seemed like an unbeatable price for a $700 camera. With that said, i have some questions based on my sony experience that i need help answering.

1. I got the KIT with the 20-50. I found out it is not OIS. How much of a difference does that really make. I have not had a camera without it in sometime as all my previous camera's had it in the body (OLYmpus e510, Sony Nex5,5n,5r and even my sony wx9 point and shoot). I saw that the 18-55 has OIS. Which is the preferred lens. Also how is the 50-200. Amazon has it for $225  and i have a few gift cards from christmas. Is that a good lens for the money ?

2. Are there any downloadable apps that you can install on the camera?

3. I read in the manual about the HDR mode and how it takes only 2 pics. That sounds similar to the IPHONE camera. Is there an HDR painting feature like on the Sony's? Is there a way to set the level of dynamic range optimization in place or the number of photos ?

4. Any sort of Multiframe noise reduction modes , the Sony's had Handheld Twilight , Multiframe Noise reduction etc, as either apps to download or preinstalled. Are any of those available on the NX300?

Here is a box pic of the Samsung sitting on the desk below an unused Super Bowl squares sheet from last night.

I have 15 days to decide if i want to keep it and if i like it. So far i do, just would like to get these answered before the price of the 50-200 goes up.

rla1022's gear list:rla1022's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX9 Sony a6000
ANSWER:
NEX-5T Olympus E-5 Samsung NX300M Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX9 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow