Any talk of new lenses or a roadmap at all for E-Mount?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Camley
Regular MemberPosts: 439Gear list
Like?
Re: They will all be FE lenses
In reply to DT200, 8 months ago

DT200, do you have statistics on people selling their NEX cameras or are you just saying that people are selling them? From many of your posts you seem very negative about the Alpha 7/r cameras.

A friend of mine is keeping both systems (NEX and a7) for the different advantages that FF and APSC offer. I use a FF and an APSC camera myself and enjoy both.

There shouldn't be a competition between the NEX and a7/r - each has its own strengths.

a7/r users can use all their NEX lenses. The a7r produces a 15 MP image with Sony NEX lenses. The a7 10 MP.

NEX camera owners can now buy E-mount FF lenses, providing they meet their needs with the 1.5 multiplication factor. The excellent Zeiss 35 f/2.8 and 55 f/1.8 FF lenses are good examples with more to come. The 35 would make a high quality 53 f/2.8 standard lens on the NEX and the 55 would make an excellent 83 f/1.8 portrait lens.

Then, in the future, NEX owners will have the same choice of buying either an APSC or FF Sony camera that is currently enjoyed by Canon and Nikon DSLR owners.

Camley's gear list:Camley's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow