DP Review: Readers Choice Award EM-1 or GM1?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
EarthQuake
Senior MemberPosts: 1,260
Like?
Re: DP Review: Readers Choice Award EM-1 or GM1?
In reply to Felice62, 8 months ago

Felice62 wrote:

For ergonomics and features set, then, I think Panasonic G6 should have been up there with the EM1 and a7.. but it ain't..

Well, the G6 has an older sensor, no IBIS, no weather sealing, EVF, Buffer and AF are all worse than the EM1. The G6 is a decent camera for the money but nothing more. The EM1 takes all the best features of the M43rds system and puts them in one package, with the only real exception being video, where Panasonic's cameras generally are better (except for IBIS in video which only Oly has). I personally don't see the G6 as something that could replace my DSLRS, but that's just me.

The A7 is a wonderful sensor instead an immature body, poor AF, poor buffer, poor general responsiveness, with only a few native AF lenses available. I think the FE system will be great eventually, but is not currently. Give it a couple years. Had Sony came out with a camera really tuned for performance here, IBIS, competitive CAF and buffer, I think they would have had a real winner. It will be interesting to see if they bring out a higher end A9 and what sort of feature set it has.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow