Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sunnyjim
Contributing MemberPosts: 860Gear list
Like?
Most popular gear!
10 months ago

Interesting review on the home page of DPReview. The most popular cameras for last year were not Canon or Nikon, but Pentax, Olympus, Sony and Fujifilm. I think pressure from these companies may cause Nikon to up their game. I don't know about Canon, but they seem to be loosing some following as well.

On the Nikon side, the replacement camera for the D300/D300s has been frustrating. At one time I was looking for a step up, but Nikon keeps "dumbing down" their cameras, except for the top pro D4. It is amazing to watch, but they could loose sales in the end. It appears Nikon has a total corporate mentality and is going in the same direction as a company I just retired from. We used to have 12 mechanics now we have 4!

If a person wants to step up from the D300s and get a camera with the same performance but also get in on the new sensors Nikon is putting in their lesser cameras like the D7000, D5000 and D3000 series............it's not going to happen!

I was in love with the D300/D300s when they first came out and I was singing praises to the world. Eventually Nikon may do this again......who knows, the D400 may come out this year. But, I'm not holding my breath!

Bob

-- hide signature --

www.raphoto.zenfolio.com

Nikon D300 Nikon D3000 Nikon D300S Nikon D40 Nikon D5000 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow