G1x Seems Not So Sharp

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Dan Hudson
Regular MemberPosts: 283Gear list
Like?
Re: Oh Really?
In reply to Marco Nero, 8 months ago

"So they were unacceptably soft for your use? That seems strange to me. If the ISO is high then details will be lost... and left to it's automatic ISO settings, the G1X is prone to chose a high ISO."

I am only saying that the images used on dpreview from the G1x were not as sharp as I would have expected. Yours are quite sharp. After adjusting such perameters as sharpness and levels, I found the images to be very satisfactory. Must be that dpreview's images were unmodified. I am not new to the photography field, having been an art teacher for many years and quite a few years of that included B&W film photography. I have had sever admirable cameras such as G10, G11, G15, SX40, SD780, T1i, Nikon P7100, P7800, Sony V1 and Samsung S850. Every one of these made great images. I am looking forward to the G1x to make at least as good image as the other G series cameras. Would like to experience even better IQ. From your post, I think my expectations will be met. Thank you and all others that offered comments aimed at help and encouragement.......Dan

-- hide signature --

Christian Amateur Photographer

Dan Hudson's gear list:Dan Hudson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P7700 Canon PowerShot S110
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow