How healthy is A-mount?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
roby17269
Contributing MemberPosts: 884Gear list
Like?
Re: How healthy is A-mount?
In reply to havoc315, 6 months ago

havoc315 wrote:

Exactly!!! And the exact reason Sony is likely to continue to focus on the e-mount instead if the a-mount, especially for advanced users. Advanced Canon/Nikon users can be sold the the A7/7r because it can offer a compelling reason to switch (much smaller body) while keeping compatibility with the lenses they already own.

The a-mount is nice, the EVF is nice to some people, but it's not exactly a compelling enough reason to get CaNikon users to dump their gear and start all over.

A small point here... what I wrote is valid (I believe) for Canon shooters given the situation with Canon sensors.

I do not pretend to speak for Nikon owners... but if I was a Nikon shooter I would have the D800E by now and therefore I would not be particularly interested in the A7r. The D800E is bigger and heavier yes, but I could use my (hypothetical) Nikkors on it with no need for an adapter and better AF (and same image quality). So I am not sure I would bother with the A7r at all.

-- hide signature --
 roby17269's gear list:roby17269's gear list
Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended Nik Silver Efex Pro Nik Color Efex Pro Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Canon EOS-1D X +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow