Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,680Gear list
Like?
Re: Beginner's question on A vs. M :)
In reply to wireless, 10 months ago

wireless wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

I think you need to delve deeper into this and understand with auto ISO in M mode you still have to use EC and there are not three control wheels. If you use A mode, one wheel can control aperture and wheel setup for EC as needed and let the camera manage ISO and shutter speed as you set it up to manage them. Using M mode -requires- you to push the EC button and keep up with that adjustment if auto ISO is being used or else the camera decides the exposure for you and no EC possible.

The fuji x-t1 has an EC dial. People such as Thom Hogan noted that and like it. I think it might be nice too particularly for AP shooters. We need more dials.

People who shoot in PSA modes -already- have a EC dial if they know how to set the camera up for this (easy exp comp=on). If you use M mode -with- auto ISO, which is what you said earlier you do, you must then use the EC button to change the exposure. You do understand this correct? I'm not seeing what the advantage here is, especially if you want to take advantage of auto ISO. If not, then instead of exp comp, you have to use the ISO button.

Then you said about using M mode is " I think it indicates a deeper understanding of all the mechanics." ? Seriously?

And unless you are trolling, why did you make the thread title " Beginner's question"? when clearly you believe you have a deeper understanding of all this because you are strictly a M mode user...

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow