choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Started Feb 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Chetan Agasthya
Chetan Agasthya New Member • Posts: 18
Re: choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Patchy wrote:

I have the Sony RX1 for FF and will add the X-T1 with the 14mm 2.8, 56mm 1.2 and a zoom. For me this seems the best of both worlds and either camera gets the job done. FF and APS-C have their own characteristics and it is clever to use them simultaneously with two seperate bodys. Thats my conclusion of the dilema.

I heard rumors that metabone might develop a Canon EF speedboster adapter for Fuji x-mount. This way we could use all Canon FF lenses with there native focal lenght on the Fuji APS-C. I hope AF-speed and IQ can hold up with such a speedbooster.

Agree with you , nothing like owning a Full frame and an APSC , solves alll your problem,

if you can afford it...:-) , most enthusiasts are pulling all stops just to own one of these beauties...

about speedboosters , I am not such a big fan , for the following reasons

1) you have to buy a full frame lens , which is heavy and expensive

2) you might not get the exact focal length you need, example APSC  ( with boosters)  + 55 mm carl zeiss, will give you 40 mm .. which is kind of an odd focal length

3) as you mentioned, AF-Speed, and IQ might not hold up.....

Chetan Agasthya's gear list:Chetan Agasthya's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Arn
Arn
(unknown member)
Arn
(unknown member)
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow