The worst thing about the V1...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
myzel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,075Gear list
Like?
Re: it's the slow Matrix Metering
In reply to olyflyer, 10 months ago

olyflyer wrote:

I did some more tests and I could reproduce overexposure in one situation, which is keeping the camera in the dark without taking an image and extremely fast lifting it to the bright window and quickly pushing the shutter release all the way. …

Exactly, that's the way I get over exposure. As I wrote in my first post, that's not something I normally do. Surprisingly doing exactly that with spot or centre weighted metering I get the right exposure.

I'll test it and keep an eye on the AF - but I think the AF was right.

OK, ask which settings you are interested in. EXIF is in the image and I don't know if there is any easy way to list all the camera settings, but if there is, please let me know. I don't mind sharing all my settings but to type all of them manually is a bit time consuming and pretty boring.

I tested it in P mode, Matrix Metering, ISO 100, centre AF set ot AF-A, Portrait AF OFF, AF assist light off, Auto WB, single frame.

Singe AF or continuous AF?

Single AF

ADL on or off?

on

NR on or off?

off

Auto ISO?

off

I don't know what "Portrait AF" is. Do you mean face detect or AF-A?

Face detect AF

myzel's gear list:myzel's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow