Robin Wong - Olympus 25mm 1.8 review, part 1

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
oeoek
Regular MemberPosts: 443Gear list
Like?
Re: Robin Wong - Olympus 25mm 1.8 review, part 1
In reply to mijokijo, 10 months ago

I have no problems with Mr. Wong being paid by Olympus, and I read his stories and look at his pictures knowing this. I just wish every reviewer was this open about their relationships (some are, some are not).

A long time ago, Leica had something called 'the Leica School'; a bunch of good photographers from a country who would get paid to give workshops and courses mainly aimed at Leica equipment in that country (perhaps the Leica Schools still exist, I don't know).

And guess what, while those photographers got paid by Leica, they still would tell you what was good but also what was 'not so good' about the gear. And they would show you how to get the most from it, learning to deal with - or work around certain problems. During a day they would grin and and admit certain problems and offer solutions, even if there was no red dot involved. Basically, they were getting paid to make sure people could get the best from their gear.

As a photographer, at some point investing in education is a better idea then investing in gear. And getting educated by the ones who make the gear is not a bad idea...

oeoek's gear list:oeoek's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow