tt321
Senior MemberPosts: 4,108Gear list
Like?
Re: Fisheye lens cap
In reply to RoelHendrickx, 10 months ago

RoelHendrickx wrote:

tt321 wrote:

And he is not alone.

I know of some photographers who are "in the loop" with certain camera manufacturers and who get the benefit of using new products even before the release date (under embargo and NDA not to write about it before the official release). That is how "first impressions" on the release date are published. DPR gets their cameras also in advance.

Not all of these are as upfront as RW about such arrangements.

The manufacturers seem to have now switched to a system of using rumour cites for true news, and using proper news cites for first impression reviews. I think the primary section on this website should have its name 'News' changed to 'Impressions'

Also, if you are into conspiracy theories, you could read something from the fact that Robin Wong has not personally reviewed the body cap lens... Therefore employee reviewers could be doubly useful

I think he will still review that body lens cap fisheye.

The samples I've seen are pretty good. Better than the 15mm lens cap.

Indeed. Depending on the eventual cost, it's pretty high on my list as a true lens like Rokinon seems overkill for my very low hunger for this type of contraption. The 15 makes no sense at all to me as I always have my phone with me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow