RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,351
Like?
Fisheye lens cap
In reply to tt321, 7 months ago

tt321 wrote:

targut wrote:

Pic Man wrote:
I disagree about there being nothing wrong with employee reviews.

Several users of this forum have told you already that they find nothing wrong with it. Why don't you accept their opinion and stop pushing your (of course the only correct) one?

Why should he? This is not a vote where a decision is based on the majority opinion. He keeps saying that it's his personal view, and it looks like attempts at converting him have failed. That's about it.

True. He is entitled to his opinion, and it does have merit.

Employees can hardly be expected to trash the merchandise of their employer.

I actually disagree with him. I think such employee reviews are very useful before 'proper' reviews with test data come out. Such early bird reviews, because employees get early access, could help people hungry for information and impatient to wait, i.e. the majority of the population these days, it seems.

And he is not alone.

I know of some photographers who are "in the loop" with certain camera manufacturers and who get the benefit of using new products even before the release date (under embargo and NDA not to write about it before the official release).  That is how "first impressions" on the release date are published.  DPR gets their cameras also in advance.

Those photographers are not employees but they get a beneficial treatment (maybe also some items for free or at discount).  Does that really make them biased beyond the point where their opinions are not useful anymore,

Also, if you are into conspiracy theories, you could read something from the fact that Robin Wong has not personally reviewed the body cap lens... Therefore employee reviewers could be doubly useful

I think he will still review that body lens cap fisheye.

The samples I've seen are pretty good.  Better than the 15mm lens cap.

F8 on a wide fisheye is practically equal to "no need to focus at all".

Could be fun, but I have my Rokinon and it is stellar and also quite small.  If I had a spare and very small Olympus µFT body (like an E-PM), I would however consider getting that lens cap as fun walkaround, shirt pocket size.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow