ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Yvan_be
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
A beatifull middle aged lady!
2 months ago

Hi all,

My photo gear was stolen last year by four youth thugs. Luckily for me, three of them were aprehended by a police patrol a few hours later. Those cops thought it was strange: such young kids, with what appeared to be expensive cameras.

As those guys already had a poor reputation, they were detained in a juvenile detention center, awaiting trail in juvenile court, later on, this month.

So I had at least some of my gear back: my E-500 and my E-620.

My E-3 (+/- 18K clicks) with a perfectly working battery grip, a cheapo, but not really all that bad Zuiko 40-150, accus, memory cards etc were lost.

After my solicitor read the police file, he gave me a call: "Well, those kids were bored after school and they considered it fun to go out and steal some stuff. O, by the way: your missing camera was sold on the street (literally) for 20 Euros...".

My insurance asked me an estimation of my losses. I estimated it in the neighborhood of some 1 000 Euro's. Perhaps slightly less, but not that much less. The insurance company offered to pay out 700 Euros + my sollicitors fee. I agreed.

I bought an Olympus E-1 body and a HLD-2 with part of the insurance money. I paid 200 Euros for it. It was advertised by a reputable German dealer as "probably < 15K clicks, condition A-/B".

It arrived last friday. It's as good as new. There are hardly any signs of wear/use. The camera has never had a software upgrade and the hidden menus show less than 1 500 clicks, power on less than 600 times, flash fired: 0.

I'll put it to the test this week but I'm already surprised by the amount of effort those Oly designers appearently have put in the ergonomics of this camera: it's really made for human hands! (sounds obvious and the least one should expect, but lots of cameras out there proving otherwise). It wont take much to have me falling in love with this beautifull, middle aged lady...

Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-620
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow