ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dervast
Contributing MemberPosts: 544
Like?
Will be a new product for me or not?
5 months ago

Hi all,

I am a very happy owner of a canon sx220 hs which I love. Actually this is my camera I always have with me and fits on my jacket pocket nicely (leaving in Germany I have a guarantee that I always wear that jacket).

This lovely camera

-takes better shots that cell phones (my gallery here: http://alexpal.smugmug.com/DailyLife/ShootingWithACompact/ ) .At least this is what I believe

- has a big zoom which is fun to have and have captured some birds already that were far away.

-And iso performance is somehow ok. I had few keepers with iso 400.

-can capture raw files, through chdk.

-full manual support (although apertures only go from 5.6-8 at highest zoom)

Given that I bought this camera as second hand for 100 euros I can not be more happy on what I can have always with me (literally: always with me).

Yesterday, for example I was running in the park and I was stopping to shoot nature when I wanted. I also bought a small gorillapod to allow my camera longer exposure times but I am not using this that much.

I only think that I would like in the future to see bit better optics (not much faster necessarily but of better quality) and slightly better iso performance. I am just looking on the market for example the next models like 260 and 280.. and both have extra features added that have less to do with the image quality. Typically they add gps, wifi, free candies, blender attachment (that makes camera a blender), android apps e.t.c

I wonder though if I can have in the future something with this large zoom ranges, that can go in my jackets pockets (slightly larger camera would also fit in that pocket) that would allow me though to have slightly better optics and iso. I know that this is not very easy with this size of sensors.. but I would appreciate if companies would spent some efforts there instead of just adding new features.

Do you know if in the near future would be also something for me too?

I would like to thank you in advance for your reply

Regards

Alex

Canon SX220 HS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow