The worst thing about the V1...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
MPg1
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
Re: The worst thing about the V1...
In reply to camerosity, 5 months ago

Hello, I once made some shots of the moon with a supertele and FT1, with my V1.

The shots came out great, but I wanted to focus manually and it was impossible as the bright lunar disk in the black surrounding field was rendered completely overexposed in the finder/display. This is probably related to the different exposure you get pointing at the lightbulb: with AF the camera probably gives priority in exposure to the focused area. I seem to remember that I could get a useful moon image in the display in a different occasion and it was probably with AF engaged.

As a side note, i find MF rather difficult, even enlarging the central portion of the image. I think the same information is spread over a bigger portion of the display, but you can't dig into the pixels while focusng. With my D300 it's another story, when I enlarge in live wiew I really can get to the pixels and MF is at its best. I realize it's a camera in another class, but It would be nice to have it on the 1 camera, and not that difficult for nikon to give us.

Marco

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow