Robin Wong - Olympus 25mm 1.8 review, part 1

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
TonyinJapan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,050Gear list
Like?
Does Robin ‘only’ use Olympus gear?
In reply to MJW1, 8 months ago

Robin seems like a honest enough guy and a good photographer, even though he, as stated, works for Olympus and is a fan of their gear (before being employed and currently). I don’t think there is such thing as a completely impartial reviewer – we are humans with likes and dislikes, subconsciously and consciously, so most of what we express will inevitably have certain ‘leanings’.

I am just curious though, for the Olympus 25mm f1.8 review, Robin states he needs to find or borrow a PL 25mm to make a comparison in his next review.

Does anybody know if Robin ‘only’ uses and owns Olympus lenses? There are lots of nice lenses by other manufacturers for the m43 system, so I wonder if he owns and uses other brands personally?

He reviewed the 14-42mm pancake recently, and it would have been nice to have a comparison with the Panasonic 12-32mm, but there was a lack of comparison (I presume he does not own this lens – which is a great lens in my opinion).

It seems like the same situation with the Oly 25mm and PL25mm, although Robin does have a paragraph about the PL25mm and plans to make a comparison.

-- hide signature --
 TonyinJapan's gear list:TonyinJapan's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow